Terms & Conditions
THIS SOFTWARE IS FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY.
YOU HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FROM USING THIS APP AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE BEING MADE AS THE SUITABILITY, SUFFICIENCY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY DOCUMENT CREATED USING THIS APP. YOU SHOULD ENGAGE A LAWYER IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS.
NOTHING HEREIN SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS GIVING LEGAL ADVICE, AND THE PROVIDERS OF THIS APP SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING FROM ITS USE EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED BELOW.
NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE BEING MADE AS TO THE SECURITY OR PRIVACY OF DATA ENTERED INTO THIS APP. THIS APP WAS DEVELOPED USING MULTIPLE THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND REQUIRES THE TRANSFER OF DATA BETWEEN THESE PRODUCTS. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY INFORMATION ENTERED INTO THIS APP, AND YOU HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY REGARDING THE SAME.
YOU AGREE THAT BY USING theContractApp YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
The Site provides an online portal to provide automated software to individuals who choose to prepare their own legal documents (the “Self-Service Model”). The Site also includes functionality that may enable you to engage us to prepare a markup of an NDA supplied by a third party in accordance with contract negotiating positions you enter into theContractApp or preferred negotiation positions which may be consistent with the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) contracting standards (the “Markup Service”) . Whether pursuant to the Self-Service Model or the Markup Service, at no time do we review your preferred contract negotiation positions, answers, answers of your counterparty, IACCM’s contracting standards or agreements generated by using theContractApp or the Markup Service for legal sufficiency, enforceability, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation.
The legal information contained on theContractApp is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. If you need legal advice for your specific need, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by theContractApp, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
theContractApp includes functionality that may refer its visitors to attorneys . At no time is an attorney-client relationship created with theContractApp or us through any such referral services.
When you use theContractApp, you may be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party’s account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify theContractApp immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name or password. theContractApp shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else’s use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by theContractApp, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account or password.
In connection with the use of theContractApp, you may be asked to provide personal information in a questionnaire, application, form or similar document or service.
You acknowledge that no representations or warranties are being made as to the security or privacy of data you enter into theContractApp. Use of theContractApp requires the transfer of your data between multiple third-party products/services. You hereby consent to such transfer. We cannot guarantee the security or privacy of any information entered into theContractApp, and you hereby disclaim any liability regarding the same.
You hereby grant us the royalty-free right to use information entered into theContractApp in aggregated and anonymized form for any purpose, including to perform data analytics, to improve the functionality of theContractApp, and to offer commercial services using such information.
- Ownership. TheContractApp is owned and operated by us. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on theContractApp, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the “Materials”) are owned either by us or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors (“Third Party Providers”). Except as otherwise expressly provided by theContractApp, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on theContractApp shall be construed to confer any license under any of our intellectual property rights Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by theContractApp.
- Links to Third Party Sites. theContractApp may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than theContractApp (each a “Third Party Site”). theContractApp works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with theContractApp. theContractApp may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom we are not affiliated. We are not responsible for and do not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. We make no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that theContractApp sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
- Rights and Responsibilities of theContractApp. theContractApp takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party. If theContractApp’s technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a user pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, theContractApp reserves the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If the theContractApp technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, theContractApp may temporarily disable that user’s access in order to preserve system security.
NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD US AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF THECONTRACTAPP OR US, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing theContractApp or using the theContractApp, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your theContractApp user account.
- Compliance with Export Restrictions. In accessing and using theContractApp, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including United States export and re-export control laws and regulations. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations.
- Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
- Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
- Trademarks. theContractApp, theContractApp.io, our logo, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are our service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that theContractApp reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
- Advance Conflict Waiver. In the event that you elect to use the Markup Service, you agree that we may represent current or new clients in work directly opposite to or involving you. We will not use or disclose any of your confidential information in representing such other clients (and vice versa).
Updated: November 5, 2019